I have been blogging for years, and have kept a continuous personal blog for the last three and a half years. Recently, I decided to start writing a not-so-anonymous blog, attaching my name to my thoughts and writings. I hope to one day be a published author, and I’d like to have an existing web presence when that time comes. So I started a blog over on Open Salon, because they seemed to have such a dynamic, intelligent community. And they do, without a doubt. But I decided to leave that community, for a variety of reasons, and start a blog here.
I still plan on keeping my anonymous blog – it is such a part of me, I couldn’t possibly stand to cut it off. It is who I am, just as this blog will be who I am, it will just be a different side of me. Not more or less real, not more or less truthful, not better or worse, just different.
I’ve decided that each of my posts will fall into one of the following categories:
- Music Monday – songs running through my head, songs close to my heart, songs that make me think, remember, consider
- Tuesday Times – Thoughts on this week’s Time Magazine
- Wednesday Writings – Fiction, writing prompts, sparks of inspiration
- Thursday Thoughts – Personal thoughts, thoughts on writing
- Five Things Friday – Um…five things…about something…
- Weekend Roundup – Interesting things I’ve found online recently
Yes, I’ve stolen some ideas from other people, but you know what they say – Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Splitting time between two blogs, along with work, and writing, and a life, will be difficult, I know. I’m not promising a post in each category a week, but I am promising at least one of something a week. My goal is 2-3 posts a week, with ideally a weekly entry on Wednesday. We’ll see how it goes.
In addition, I’d love to get some guest posts on here. If you would like to guest blog, please let me know!